So, what else do librarians do all day?
Apart from attending learned lectures and making copious notes, they also:
- Read and answer many emails
- Liaise with the Finance Team about payments
- Receive new books that have recently been ordered
- Help summer school students and teachers find resources they’ve discovered on the library catalogue
- Help summer school students and teachers use the library catalogue (if you don’t believe me that it’s necessary, please try using OLIS)
- And best of all, think and try to plan ahead. I have several different projects on the go this summer (more on this later in the week), and the key to making everything happen on time is to make plans and triple-check them. I find milestones motivating, and the first is coming up at the end of the week when the library team prepare to move out of our office and into our temporary home for August.