The library lobby has been refurbished over the summer, and it looks really good now!
The friendly, informal space which has been created will now host our collection of print journals, general reference works and a few new collections:
- New items – showing items recently purchased by the library. A good place to stop and see what’s new
- Written by Fellows of St Hugh’s College – home-grown works of scholarship which I hope will increase students’ awareness of what academics do when they are not teaching, and help promote their research interests in the college community
- Broader Reading – a collection of books on a variety of subjects to give students a place to start when they want to learn about something outside their subject specialism. This section includes many of OUP’s Very Short Introductions series
- Learning & Study Skills – books about how to learn and study more effectively; covering areas such as referencing, revising and note-taking
- Fiction – for students who want a break from their academic reading, this collection of prize-shortlisted books will offer them some light relief!